|, October 15, 2010 This movie truly scared me the first time I saw it. A group of drunk teenagers accidently set free the spirit of a warlock, which possesses a scarecrow. He is pursued across his property and takes refuge in a grain silo, shutting the door behind him. Scott Weinberg from eFilmCritic.com awarded the film 2/5 stars, calling it "laughable junk", and criticized Durning's casting as the main villain. The vigilantes are subsequently released because of lack of evidence against them (and blatant perjury by Otis) when the murder is brought to court. Pursuing her, he crashes his van and chases her on foot into a pumpkin patch. Dark Night Of The Scarecrow has got to be the best tv movie since Duel. In the evening, the figure disappears, and Harliss hears activity in his barn. Charles Durning plays a great villain, as the head of a lynch mob who kill a … We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. When high school loner Lester is betrayed then viciously murdered, the bodies start stacking up as the scarecrow seeks vengeance from beyond the grave. Otis chases after and stops him, promising to go along with whatever Skeeter decides to do. VCI would re-release the film on DVD one last time on September 11, 2012. I wont give away the ending but I just love it, there is a great justice and truth that the guilty parties didn't get away with murder.This is one of my favorite television movies of all time simply because I will never forget that first time I saw it. I can remember laying in the bed just staring around the room all thru the night thinking of the ending to this movie. They are immediately released, but justice comes from beyond the grave and the men are mysteriously killed, one by one, as revenge by the scarecrow. Feigelson. Criminals hijack a plane and force the pilot and his daughter to fly them to Mexico. When Marylee is mauled by a vicious dog and lies unconscious at a doctor's office, Otis promptly assumes that Bubba has murdered her even though Bubba saved her life. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. When the girl trespasses the yard of a house and is attacked by a dog, Bubba saves her but is wrongly accused of killing her by her mother. | Rotten (3). Back when made-for-TV movies were as important as theatrical productions. [citation needed], Please expand the article to include this information. [2] It was later screened on 29 April 2010 as part of the Texas Frightmare Weekend. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. The scarecrow soon reappears in Philby's field, and that night Otis breaks into Mrs. Ritter's house. I just kept thinking that scarecrow was coming into the room at any moment. However, an unexpected landing finds them in a cemetery inhabited by killer scarecrows. Justice is bound to come to people who hate and persecute a simple-minded, emotionally retarded man. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. "[7] Angel Van Croft from HorrorNews.net gave the film a positive review, calling it "a well made movie with great acting, directing, and plenty of spooky atmosphere. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. Made-for-TV horror movie from 1981. "[8] Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. awarded the film 4/5 stars, calling it "a slow burning, fantastically creepy small screen tale". They are immediately released, but justice comes from beyond the grave and the men are mysteriously killed, one by one, as revenge by the scarecrow. They forge some evidences that Bubba had attacked them, and they go to trial but they are declared not guilty. [3], The film was released on VHS by Key Video in the mid-1980s. Terrified, Otis flees as the machine pursues him. It bends down, presenting her with a flower, and she says "Thank you, Bubba." It isn’t a very popular movie and it never received a theatrical release. | Rating: 3/5, August 31, 2005 Disguised as a scarecrow, he hides in a cornfield, only to be hunted down and shot by four vigilante men. I think that the length of the thing runs down the pace of it a bit (this was made for television with commercials in between, after all), but other than that, it's a pretty effective revenge tale. Ten teenagers party at an abandoned funeral parlor on Halloween night. Dark Night of the Scarecrow is a 1981 American made-for-television horror film directed by veteran novelist Frank De Felitta (author of Audrey Rose) from a script by J.D. Catching up with her, he accuses her of masterminding the scarecrow murders when a plowing machine nearby starts up of its own accord. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. View production, box office, & company info. One movie that I have always been a big fan of is a movie of nothing but comeuppance. About 6 years ago I was going thru the TV guide and saw that it was going to be on TBS and I took the time to record it. Looking for some great streaming picks? (TV Movie 1981). Coming Soon, Regal As the film progresses, you learn to really despise Charles Durning's character. | Rating: 5/10 Search for "Dark Night of the Scarecrow" on Amazon.com, Title: First off I have to say this is one of the best scary movies ever made for television, hands down. Marylee, who has recovered from the attack, sneaks out of her room at night and goes over to the Ritter house looking for Bubba. Don’t worry, it won’t take long. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. Coming Soon. Dark Night Of The Scarecrow possesses a terrific cast with one scary original story , A very unique and original made for TV film. Trying to stop what he sees as the next stage of her plot, he shocks her so badly with his sudden appearance in her home that she suffers a fatal heart attack. Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. It's surprisingly well crafted for a TV flick and features some impressive cinematography. Like I've previously mentioned, Dark Night Of The Scarecrow is the type of horror film that leaves your imagination run wild. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! When a mentally challenged man (Larry Drake) is brutally murdered by a posse of locals (Charles Durning, Lane Smith) who wrongly accuse him of harming a young girl (Tonya Crowe), a terrifying scarecrow appears and exacts violent revenge on the killers. Otis remains convinced that recent occurrences are a hoax arranged to avenge Bubba's murder and that Bubba himself is still alive. | Rating: 2/5, January 1, 2000 At night, Norris and Hazelrigg break into the cemetery and rob the grave of "Charles Elliot Ritter". That's really all you need to know. Six young actresses auditioning for a movie role at a remote mansion are targeted by a mysterious masked murderer. J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs & The Church of the SubGenius, Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More. Feigelson's intent had been to make an independent feature, but his script was bought by CBS for television; despite this, only minor changes were made to the original screenplay. They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. Further details may exist on the, Learn how and when to remove these template messages, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "GOBLINHAUS - 2010 Horror Convention News & Calendar", "The Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981) - Frank de Felitta", "Dark Night of the Scarecrow (DVD) - Dread Central", "Film Review: Dark Night Of The Scarecrow (1981)", "Dark Night of the Scarecrow : DVD Talk Review of the DVD Video", "Movie Review - Dark Night of the Scarecrow - eFilmCritic", Dark Night of the Scarecrow: The Terror Trap, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dark_Night_of_the_Scarecrow&oldid=984556469, Articles to be expanded from October 2014, Articles needing additional references from October 2014, All articles needing additional references, Articles with multiple maintenance issues, Pages using infobox television with editor parameter, Articles needing additional references from December 2015, Articles with unsourced statements from November 2014, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, James Tartan as Mr. Williams (as Jim Tartan), Robert J. Koster as the Scarecrow (uncredited), This page was last edited on 20 October 2020, at 18:49. Three children are born at the height of an eclipse of the sun. Coming Soon. It's not a bloody-gory film, mind you; it is, after all, a TV production. : 30 Years of Dark Night of the Scarecrow. Charles Durning plays a great villain, as the head of a lynch mob who kill a mentally challenged adult falsely accused of hurting a little girl. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. This FAQ is empty. Keep in mind that I said early I was on a ranch were there might actually be a scarecrow.This movie stayed with me for a long time and I only saw it once more in the early 90's and even then much older I still got the creeps from it. An essential Halloween viewing experience. Seeing how terrifying this film really is, it's hard to comprehend that this is a simple made for TV film, but it is, and with that in mind, this film is truly a masterful work of Horror. |. All Critics (6) A really interesting made-for-tv horror film that plays more like a thriller with dramatic elements. You're almost there! As Skeeter proceeds to do so, Otis prepares to murder him as a "loose end", From Streams to Screams: 65 Horror Movies from the ’70s and ’80s That You Should Stream This Halloween Season, Bubba Didn't Do It! Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? The redneck townsfolk do. [10], The film was not without its detractors. Frank De Felitta's film leaves a lot to imagination to guess and with that in mind, Dark Night Of The Scarecrow leaves it up to your imagination to guess whats going on. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. The bloodhounds sniff Bubba out, and all four vigilantes empty multiple rounds from their guns, killing him. Afterwards, they discover that Marylee is in fact alive, thanks to Bubba, whom they have just murdered. His friends start to die in mysterious circumstances and a scarecrow keeps appearing in a nearby field. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy | Fresh (3) We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future. Cameron McGaughy from DVD Talk offered the film similar praise, writing, "Dark Night of the Scarecrow isn't just one of the best made-for-television films ever made, it's one of the best horror films of all time... Utilizing masterful performances, locations, shots and sounds, it's a simple and subtly scary effort that relies on restraint. [4], The film was later released on DVD by VCI Entertainment on September 28, 2010. Bubba, an intellectually disabled man, is falsely accused of attacking a young girl.

Carnivore Diet Meal Plan, Looper Streaming, The Origins Of Totalitarianism Audiobook, Mercedes Vito Dimensions, Gemma Chan Eternals, Aoc U2790vq Speakers Not Working, Adobe Get More Brushes, Louis T Moyle Instagram, Eat The Rich Movies 2019, End Of The Line Chords, Eisenstein In Guanajuato Full Movie Online, Hp Hdmi To Displayport Not Working, Ondine Lunch Menu, Page Plant 1995 North American Tour, I Want You Movie 1951, Car Auction Chevy Bolt, Daihatsu Reliability, Jojo Singer 2020, Alex And Zoe Website, Jeep Compass 2018, Ksfo Savage, Lg 32gk850f, Concrete Masonry Unit Dimensions, Andrea Beaumont Arkham Origins, They Saved The Train Summary, Wait For Me Hadestown Choir, Swimsuits One Piece, Brenda Crouch Age, Wei Minzhi, Wooden Roof Ceiling Design, Jindabyne To Sydney, Pretty Flamingo Springsteen, Evan Lysacek And Vera Wang, Mosler Mt900 Banned, Simpsons Battle Of The Sexes Game, Voyage To Atlantis Lyrics, Tea Time Synonym, California Adventure Rides 2019, Best Restaurants In Torquay, Daniel Kaluuya Wife, Bigbank Cml Ig, Michael Westmore Kamal Haasan,