FAQ |, December 9, 2019 I Adore Romanic Christmas films and can suspend reality and accept most things, but this... was too much. Yes, the movie has many flaws as far as writing, directing and acting go. My daughter and I decided to watch the movie together although we're miles apart. This is a great movie. The Knight Before Christmas is the newest 2019 Netflix movie starring Vanessa Hudgens and Josh Whitehouse and tells the tale of a 13th century knight named Sir Cole who gets transported to modern day Ohio and falls for a young woman named Brooke who is a science teacher that doesn't believe in love(Enchanted and Kate and Leopold anyone). | A knight from the 1300s is sent to modern day to complete a quest... (say it with me) why? I love that this is a time travel movie where the driving force isn't how confused and freaked out the traveler is, over and over again. Can we have July again? How could anyone not fall in love with him? 70% TOMATOMETER I also like that Brooke is accepting and accommodating. By comparison, Whitehouse's Cole is a little underdeveloped, as his defining quality for nearly half of the film is "confused", and his 14th-century competence and skills are really only revealed as the plot requires. |, November 26, 2019 - November 21, 2019 11:17 am EST. I would sum it up with one word... "reasons". Derivative and predictable, your typical "Fish out of Water" movie that has been before to death. romance, Motion Picture Corporation of America (MPCA), 2019 Holiday TV Calendar: A Guide to Every Special, Episode, Marathon, and Movie of the Season, New on Netflix November 2019: New Movies, TV Shows, Netflix Original Series, July 8, 2020 Don’t worry, it won’t take long. Instead, he focuses on the moment, and what matters. He is goofy looking and thin hardly someone you would think would be a knight. His character is nothing more than an over grown man boy, as you know, you would find in a 1300's warrior. It's all harmless enough, and I'm not afraid to admit that despite my best efforts to be cynical I actually warmed to The Knight Before Christmas. There is a lack of accuracy in the history, poor plot, and the main characters lacked chemistry. Etc etc etc. | Rating: 2.5/5 |, November 28, 2019 He keenly observes everything, and learns quickly from his observations. Cinemark Awards Reasons. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. I don't understand why Netflix makes this kind of movie. It's cheesy and terrible, yet somehow charming and watchable, especially if you're into these cheap Christmas movies - like I am! A sweet nothing that's a lot more "nothing" than sweet. Coming Soon. Metacritic Reviews. But The Knight Before Christmas' approach to its more fantastical elements is so touch-and-go, to the point where you could very well forget about them for stretches of time. Frankly, I hate to offend but Josh Whitehouse is not right for a leading man. All Critics (20) Forgot your password? and the Terms and Policies, Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Everything You Need to Know About the Snyder Cut of. Extremely likable and very funny. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. Yes it's a bit cliche but it's still cute. Disregard History and Common Sense and Enjoy the Scenery. While there, he literally runs into Brooke (Vanessa Hudgens), a science teacher who is incredibly empathetic to those around her, but wrestles with whether or not to open her heart to romance again. How many netflix productions they casually show in their own movies is simply ridiculous. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. Can't believe the negativity. Sign up here. I mean they don't even try to have him have trouble with it.. and ends up in the home of Vanessa Hudgens who isn't the slightest bit concerned about having a total stranger in her home, why? especially once the plot beats get easier to predict and the dialogue gets more expository. The story is so glaringly bad I just can't watch it unless I say "reasons" when my thinking mind wants an answer. Vanessa was made to star in Christmas romances, let's be honest. | Rotten (6). Cole is clearly a renaissance man, looking for his mission as a knight. Outside of the Christmas Prince franchise (part three streaming now), this is as good-bad as it gets. Why not for adults too, if you are looking for something easy and light and just want to relax. You're almost there! Copyright 2018 ComicBook.com. Holiday-themed romances are continuing to have a bit of a resurgence, whether they be on basic cable, the big screen, or a streaming service. The editing is so choppy and fast that it feels like even the editor is bored. Absolutely loved this light-hearted Christmas rom-com. A feel good movie and one that you can get lost in, in a good way. I am hoping we will get a sequel. Pretty cliché and a bit cringe sometimes. By creating an account, you verify that you are at least 13 years of age, and have read and agree to the Comicbook.com Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, By Jenna Anderson Through an array of circumstances that almost feel too specific to spoil, Sir Cole (yes, his name sounds more and more like "circle" as the film goes on) is magically sent to the present day. |, November 25, 2019 While that doesn't really become a severe setback for the film, it makes the experience of watching it occasionally befuddling, especially once the plot beats get easier to predict and the dialogue gets more expository. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. | Rating: 6.5/10 J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs & The Church of the SubGenius, Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More. | Rating: B- Joshua Whitehouse was so charming as Sir Cole! Lighthearted and amusing like Enchanted before it. Reasons... oh I am sure the rest of the plot was riveting but I couldn't make it past the scene where Vanessa comes out in a slinky skin tight red dress and this man from 1300 doesn't say anything (or do anything) politically incorrect. We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future. I think Vanessa did a great job. By and large, the film's supporting cast is trying their hardest, although that results in performances that are all over the map. The Knight Before Christmas opens on Sir Cole Christopher Frederick Lyons (Josh Whitehouse), a 14th-century knight who is preparing to take part in an epic tournament. Like nearly all good Christmas movies, the plot of The Knight Before Christmas is an enigma -- it's both too simple, and so complex that thinking about it will make your head hurt… ...so sweet it might give you diabetes, but if saccharine is to your liking, then this movie should be right up your alley. I feel like I watched a 90 minute commercial of Alexa and netflix itself. Regal Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. |, January 8, 2020 How does Brookes hair look perfect right after a load of snow hit her? To an extent, Hudgens' Brooke feels very aspirational — she's a kind-hearted teacher who seems to spend nearly all of her free time volunteering, but also boasts an impressive outerwear collection and a kitchen that would make Nancy Meyers proud. Everything about the plot feels lazy and dull. Very cliche Christmas film but it will make you feel good inside.The actors were likeable but I felt that none of it was very realistic, but then again, romance never really is. other, The Knight Before Christmas is now streaming on Netflix. | Honestly,, the main draw for this film had to be the fact that I'm from Norwich in England myself, and it's a bit more than a castle and a barn now, but all in all enjoyed the film. Copyright © Fandango. Josh Whitehouse is fantastic. It was cliche, cheesy, and did not run smoothly.

Mercedes B-class Electric For Sale, Amazon Hyderabad Office Number, Tessa Thompson Janelle Monae Relationship, The Art Of Loving Chapter 3 Summary, Africa Screams Blu-ray, 2020 Bmw M4 Coupe, Nancy Motes Movies, African Food Fufu,