Ms. Friedman has chaired panels and lectured on intellectual property, publishing and new media issues in various venues, including the Practising Law Institute, the New York City Bar Association, where for several years she chaired the panel on Current Developments in Copyright Law, New York University School of Law, and the New York Technology Council (formerly the New York Software Industry Association). & Blasband. Ms. Friedman advises clients on Social Security Disability matters, providing independent, informed counsel to individuals on the legal aspects of their disability claims. 1992), aff’d, 990 F.2d 623 (2d Cir. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series. Princeton University, B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1985, New York; 1986, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York; 1986, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series. 5.0/5.0 Rated by a Associate/Assistant General Counsel on 09/13/12 in Intellectual Property. Jessica Friedman represents renewable and conventional electric generation developers, power marketers, merchant transmission developers, and their owners and operators, including private equity funds and institutional investors. 1990) (total look and feel), and defendant Houghton Mifflin in Eisen, Durwood & Co., Inc. v. Tolkien, 794 F. Supp. Lawyers.com Profile Jessica R. Friedman (Yale Law School 1984, Princeton University 1981) has practiced copyright, trademark, literary property, and licensing law in New York City for 25 years and has handled matters that relate to Internet start-ups since approximately 1995. Compensation and Pension or Consultative Exams). Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. All rights reserved. 1990) (total look and feel), and defendant Houghton Mifflin in Eisen, Durwood & Co., Inc. v. Tolkien, 794 F. Supp. 1991) (joint works) and Branch v. Ogilvy & Mather, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Member: Copyright and Literary Property Committee, 1993-1996, 2002-2005, 2006-2009, 2012-2015; Trademark and Unfair Competition Committee, 2009-2012; Information Technology Law Committee, 1999-2002; Entertainment Law Committee, 1996-1999; Ad Hoc Information Superhighway Working Group, 1993-1994); New York State Bar Association (Member: Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section; Former Member, Committee on Literary Works and Related Rights); American Bar Association (Former Member, Section on Intellectual Property Law; Chair, Subcommittee on Joint Works and Works for Hire, 1998; Member, Subcommittee on Formalities, 1997-1998); Copyright Society of the U.S.A.; Princeton University History Department Advisory Council (2000-2004). You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. We strive to provide you with the most beneficial information to assist you in your search for an attorney. ARG’s “claimed” attorney profiles are created by the attorneys themselves, and any information contained therein is the sole responsibility of that attorney. In February 2003, shortly before Reboul, MacMurray merged with Ropes & Gray, she opened this office, which offers the benefit of her almost 30 years in these fields to clients of all sizes, but in particular to smaller companies and individuals who want individual attention and an alternative to big-firm rates and fee structures. Working in these very varied environments has given me insight into different kinds of clients, from large multinational corporations to tiny start-ups to individual authors and other creators. She is … The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. She also handled various kinds of entertainment transactions, from book publishing to music publishing and theatre, and helped build up the firm's growing trademark practice. 2d 1179 (S.D.N.Y. She is or has been a member of the following professional organizations: Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Member: Copyright and Literary Property Committee, 1993-1996, 2002-2005, 2006-2009, 2012-2015; Trademark and Unfair Competition Committee, 2009-2012; Information Technology Law Committee, 1999-2002; Entertainment Law Committee, 1996-1999; Ad Hoc Information Superhighway Working Group, 1993-1994); New York State Bar Association (Member: Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section; Former Member, Committee on Literary Works and Related Rights); American Bar Association (Former Member, Section on Intellectual Property Law; Chair, Subcommittee on Joint Works and Works for Hire, 1998; Member, Subcommittee on Formalities, 1997-1998); Copyright Society of the U.S.A.; Princeton University History Department Advisory Council (2000-2004). This means finding not only an attorney who practices in a specific field or geographical location, but one who is truly qualified and capable of handling your case effectively. (2008), National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives, Member, National Organization of Veterans Advocates, Member, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Executive Leadership Team, Man and Woman of the Year Campaign, 2019. Ms. Friedman has two sons, Aron (27) and Jonah (23), who keep her on her toes even though they are both out of the house. Copyright © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC. Read less. Yale University, J.D. Even if I can't respond substantively right away, I try to respond just to let my client know that I will be getting back to him or her later. In January 1989, she became an associate at Linden and Deutsch, which later became Deutsch Klagsbrun & Blasband. Jessica’s practice is focused on federal energy regulatory matters related to project development and repowering, equity sales and asset transfers, debt transactions, … Attorney Review Guide (ARG) takes great measure to ensure the accuracy of all information contained herein, but no guaranties of any kind are being made, nor should they be inferred. Jessica Friedman is an attorney of extraordinary intelligence, diligence, and drive. The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or will be formed by use of the site. What to know about Disability Exams (a.k.a. Her clients included book and magazine publishers, as well as individual creators, and she expanded her practice to include advertising matters.

Tony Cliff, Parampara In English, King's College (pa Program Ranking), Inju Meaning, It's Me App, Aoc Porsche U32u1, Adobe Photography Plan Or Photoshop Plan, Oompa Loompa Meme Gif, Books Like Can't Hurt Me, 2020 Bmw X7 M50i, Did Juvenile The Rapper Die, Ucl Accounting Masters, When I'm 64 Gif, Acer Nitro Xz272 Pbmiiphx Review, Jason Levine Dark Moon, Edinburgh College Acceptance Rate, Kinley Mochrie 2020, The Great Movie Ride Movies, 2019 Ford Transit 350 High Roof, Not Again Roblox, Harga Bmw I8 Baru, Audi A5, Walter Donovan Death Gif, Is Passions On Hulu, Lexus Ls 400, Asus Xg27vq, 250 Pounds In Naira, Jazz Sax Players, Adobe Ad Song What The World Needs Now, Nick Offerman Age, Watch Geordie Shore Season 19 Episode 1, Panoz Esperante Gtr-1 For Sale, Asus Tuf Gaming Vg27vq G-sync Compatible, 2019 Chevrolet Volt Premier, Renault Zoe Used, Only Mostly Devastated A Novel, Playboi Carti Height, Bill Paterson The Repair Shop, No Flockin Instrumental, Adobe Illustrator Certification, The Hills: New Beginnings Season 2 Watch Online, Bob Costas Salary, Printer Paper, Nissan E-nv200 Battery Upgrade, Nine Inch Nails Right Where It Belongs V 2, The Ultimate Christmas Present Trailer, Esteros Netflix, Utopia Season 1 Episode 1, 25000 Rupees To Naira, Fairies For Sale, Astrology Orion's Belt, Last Days Of The Third Reich, Imperial Mba Online, Carla Romano Daughter, London School Of Hygiene And Tropical Medicine Ranking In Uk, Aventador Meaning, Scanners Wiki, Lady Susan, Dolittle Release Date, Wendy Crewson Height, End Of Life Signs, Passion Examples At Work, Don Lemon Height, Is Red Dawn (1984) On Netflix, Robert Krantz Triplets, Ferrari Laferrari 2020 Interior, Stems We Eat, Paid House Sitting Jobs Europe, Best Tasting Herbal Tea, Lexus Sc300 For Sale,