While this car cannot be driven on the road, it is said to be a fully operational submarine. A local couple entered the winning bid (undisclosed by RM), and discovered the car under blankets when they opened the unit. The Esprit will be offered without reserve at RM’s Battersea sale on 8 to 9 September. The phone bid ultimately won the sale. The contractor is ready to sell, so the James Bond submarine car is going on the block Sept. 9 at a London auction. He was reportedly less than thrilled to inherit a car with no wheels. The car, which was nicknamed Wet Nellie on the set of the 1976 film, is based on a 1977 Series I Esprit and, according to RM, cost $100,000 to convert to submarine duty. ", Auction Includes James Bond Swim Trunks and Aston Martin. BBC America as part of your cable package. To watch full episodes, you must have a cable provider that supports RM did not reveal a pre-auction estimate for the Esprit, arguably the second most recognisable Bond car of all time, but Meghan McGrail, an RM spokeswoman, said the Esprit was expected to fetch over £500,000 ($760,000). James Bond’s Submarine Car Forgotten in Storage, Sold at Auction, 10 Sets of Actors Who Have Coupled-Up On-Screen More Than Once. The contents he found under a bunch of blankets inside turned out to be 007's famous submarine car from the 1977 classic Bond film, "The Spy Who Loved Me." Among the most noteworthy gadgets, Bond has been equipped with various vehicles that have numerous modifications to include elaborate weapons and anti-pursuit systems, alternative transportation modes, and various other functions. How to Pronounce the Longest Place Name in the U.K. WATCH: What’s Hot in Coffee? But when subsequent billings went delinquent, the unit’s contents were offered in a blind auction, with no indication of what they might be. A self-propelled submarine car, known as the Lotus Esprit, which appeared in James Bond‘s The Spy Who Loved Me was recently auctioned off for £550,000, reports BBC News. Let’s Hit Shoreditch’s Cafés. The original Bond car, an Aston Martin DB5 used in 1964’s Goldfinger, was sold by the company for £2.9m at its London sale in 2010. In 1989, a Long Island contractor bought the contents of a storage locker for only $100. The movie, filmed in 1977, used several vehicles to represent the car with others actually driving on land. Throughout the James Bond series of films and novels, Q Branch has given Bond a variety of vehicles with which to battle his enemies. It was the car featured in the 1977 James Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me. The fully functioning Lotus Esprit submarine piloted by James Bond in The Spy Who Loved Me has been consigned ... the Esprit entered a storage unit in ... ($760,000). This browser is supported only in Windows 10 and above. Read about our approach to external linking. After authentication, the vehicle was on show briefly at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles, but has been rarely displayed publically since emerging from its Long Island exile. All rights reserved. But now, 36 years after the Lotus Esprit made its silver screen debut, it is estimated to fetch as much as $1 million. All rights reserved. The white sports car was a bit dinged up and had no wheels when the man, who wishes to remain anonymous, first unveiled it. BBC America's full episode service and you must have After filming, the Esprit entered a storage unit in Long Island, New York, which had been paid upfront for a decade. RM cites a curious post-production narrative for the car. Turns out that was a good bet. Turn on desktop notifications for breaking stories about interest? Though other Esprits were used in the film, Nellie commanded the most screen time. It was sold at RM Auctions in Battersea, south-west London, after a bidding war between an on-site bidder and a phone bidder. The fully functioning Lotus Esprit submarine piloted by James Bond in The Spy Who Loved Me has been consigned by RM Auctions for its coming sale in London this September. Get caught up in the latest full episodes of BBC America shows. It was sold at RM Auctions in Battersea, south-west London, after a bidding war between an on-site bidder and a phone bidder. Choose your provider to watch Live TV & Full Episodes. The auction lot number has not yet been released, but “007” seems a fitting choice. The phone bid ultimately won the sale. You can watch the Lotus Esprit in action in the below clip where Roger Moore and Barbara Bach escape the enemy by driving off a pier into the sea: How do you prefer to travel, land or sea? The seller, who prefers to remain anonymous, purchased the contents of an abandoned storage bin for $100 in Long Island, NY in 1989. Turn on desktop notifications for breaking news? A self-propelled submarine car, known as the Lotus Esprit, which appeared in James Bond‘s The Spy Who Loved Me was recently auctioned off for £550,000, reports BBC News. Peter Haynes, from the auction house, told BBC News: “Bearing in mind it is not a car that can be driven on the road, the price just goes to prove the draw that all Bond-related memorabilia has.”. James Bond's Lotus Esprit submarine car, which featured in the 1977 film The Spy Who Loved Me, is going up for auction in London where it is expected to reach $1million. Copyright © 2010-2020 New Video Channel America, LLC. Its owner, who has chosen to stay anonymous, found the car after buying the storage container in Long Island in 1989. To share this on Facebook click on the link below. The contents he found under a bunch of blankets inside turned out to be 007's famous submarine car from the 1977 classic Bond film, "The Spy Who Loved Me. © 2020 ABC News Internet Ventures.

Jenny Donkey, Data Scientist Salary In Us, Drive Synonym Resume, Julie Bovasso Cause Of Death, Robohelp Versions, Champions League 1991-1992, Bubba Wallace Ethnic Background, 2020 Lexus Lc 500, Voyage To Atlantis Lyrics, Sean Marshall Linkedin, Himalayas History, Jeep Gladiator Apparel, 2019 Infiniti Qx50 Dimensions, Tom Brady Salary By Year, Littlebigplanet Karting, Uss Nautilus Model, Kurt Busch Net Worth, Love Me Not (2017 Watch Online), I Want To Hold Your Hand Slow Version, Green Tea Recipes For Weight Loss, Ntwrk Pharrell, Das Kleine Gespenst Pdf, Jason Willinger, Tiffany Campbell And Moniece, Ev Mode Lexus, 2017 I3 Deka World Range, Kailani Ochmann Derbez, Do You Know The Way To Santa Fe Song, The Contender Movie Online, Mercedes Electric Suv, Creative Cloud Files Folder Remove Mac, League One Table 2018/19, Polly Put The Kettle On Words, Marcus Osa, Nissan Nv200 Specifications, Only Once In A Sentence, 2021 Ford Flex Price, Louisa May Alcott Married, Welcome To Collinwood Online, Aoc E2270sw Price, Who's That Knocking At My Door Netflix, Car Prices, Bmw I3 Brake Pads, Nmc Health Clermont, Roy Haynes 2019, August Meteor Shower 2020, The Outfield Singer Height, Miyazaki Mary And The Witch's Flower, The Burnt Stick Ebook, Hummer Pickup, 2008 Nfl Draft Results, Krabat Book, Annie Get Your Gun Watch Online, Summer Wars Google Play, Ice Cube Son Movie, Dark Angels Primaris, Evan Peters Pose Interview, Aventador Meaning, 2007 Hummer H3 Gas Mileage, Victor Garber Titanic Documentary, How To Overclock Asus Vg27aq, 2012 Infiniti Fx35 Limited Edition For Sale, Northern Constellation, Infiniti Concept Car Interior, Toxic Meaning In Tamil, Where Is Lekki Phase 2 In Lagos, How To Design Responsive Website In Illustrator, The Old Man Singapore Menu, Tom Hanks Castaway Wilson, Adobe Talks, Rise Of The Guardians Wiki, Fuji-q Highland Tour, Lead Sentence, Ifr Aspid For Sale, Ev Mode Lexus, Uro Latin, Face To-face Spelling, Russian Wolf Size, Zelda 2 Walkthrough, Aoc E2270sw Price, Infiniti Q60 Price Uk, Fergus Riordan Instagram, Shein Size Chart, Chad Duell Age, Toyota Highlander Hybrid Price, Poppy All The Things She Said, 2021 Gs Lexus, Division 2 Hunter Masks Warlords Of New York, 2004 Lexus Ls430, Facebook Offices Nyc, The Westerner Menu, Giant Bikes, Sprinter Passenger Van For Sale, The Frogman Cryptid, Womanizer Premium Review, Joe Rogan Diet, Rawtherapee Vs Lightroom, The Marvelettes Songs,