Never saw it again. I checked out immiedietly at ” ‘n shaker hood.” Lol, Header plug…https://images.auction123.com/2efc0a2d-2f04-463e-92c7-3c95db3b365d/A0M190Y177923/53.jpg?wtrmk10nw. Photos, materials for videos, descriptions and other information are provided by the consignor/seller and is deemed reliable, but Mecum Auction does not verify, warrant or guarantee this information. The Bruce Smith Machine at the drags on Vancouver Island. For a start, Rebel Machines were a lot faster than most of the magazine reviews gave them credit for. Notify me of new comments via email. Beyond the red, white and blue paint scheme, its most distinctive elements are its 15-inch Kelsey-Hayes styled steel wheels, often referred to as “Machine Wheels.” If you dare to be different, this 1970 AMC Rebel Machine would be a worthy addition to any collection covering the ultimate year in muscle-car history. Or subscribe without commenting. Seems cheap at this price but I’m sure it will go much higher. I saw my post from 9/21 and thought “How the hell am I commenting this in the future”. Note that the reserve hasn’t been met, with bidding currently at $45,100. All the journalists that drove them noted the gear shifts cost them a second. Going through the pictures on the ad, I noticed it has header plugs…was that from the factory, AMC guys? Reserve not met I’m a Chevy/ GM guy, but would love to own this! Whenever I ran an engine with no exhaust, it ran like crap. I’d be suspicious of the “race history” unless verifiable proof existed, otherwise it’s a nice story, but not worth paying extra. No respect at all. With the defective gear shifts they ran 14.4s. If you are an AMC fan and want to own its most impressive muscle car, then it would be none other than one of the 2,326 Rebel Machines produced for the 1970 model year. I wish I still had my machine got when I was 16 it wasn’t red white and blue it was gold tan interior functioning scoop .being young and stupid I sold it to buy a new z28 in 1984. *Install Mallory Hi-Output Ignition System AMC Service Part No. That’s Bruce behind the wheel launching the car. The reason it’s not 6 figures, is apparently, we haven’t gotten over that stigma about AMC’s. For more recent exchange rates, please use the. Hugh Rider was the name of the AMC dealership in Vancouver this car raced out of. 1970 amc rebel - ocala, flfor sale by ownerocala, fl 34470ph: 9044259541web: www. The reason it hasn’t sold is entirely due to a lack of publicity and of an almost complete lack of knowledge in the marketplace of how good, or rather fantastic these cars were. woo doggies try to find one!! *Install rear axle ratio of 4.44:1, AMC Service part No. If Hal hadn’t done that I’d have been S.O.L. 1973 Chevrolet El Camino6 hours$3,200Bid Now, 1949 International KB21 days$7,700Bid Now. This car looks more like a promotional vehicle used by the dealer rather than a dealer sponsored race car. Still have not received an answer. I needed the shot of the exhaust plumbing on each side of the engine. Not an AMC fan but this is an amazing time capsule. On a side note , I got a great deal on a clean one owner , 27K mile 69 AMX 390/4 speed , around 87 , it ran pretty good but just wasn’t what I wanted . Spotted one like this in a PX brochure while serving in the Army in Cam Ranh Bay, RVN; you could buy it through the Exchange and have it waiting for you in San Francisco when you DEROSed to the States! It is estimated fewer than 600 Rebel Machines have survived the test of time, making those that remain today exceedingly rare. The people who did buy them realized that and many have saved them hoping against hope that some day there would be money and parts available to restore them. Hammer prices listed on this site may include an estimate of buyers premiums paid for a lot using a set percentage. This car is special, alright. You lost me with the header plugs chrlsful. IMO in todays whacked out market 60K is a very decent price for a great Muscle car that not many can ever own. The car ran flat and didn’t waste time with excessive wheel spin. “It’s my pride and joy.” He drove off and we went back to changing knife sections on the cutter bar for the combine. with an advertised horsepower rating of 340, which gives it a power to weight ratio of 10.735. “It’s a MACHINE,’ the guy responded enthusiastically. So they didn’t buy, so no big blocks and no power options installed at the factory except for the ten you’ll read about shortly. is listed for sale here on eBay.The car is located in Murrysville, PA and bidding has understandably topped $40,000 (think what it would be if this were a “big three” car!) (multiple SC/Rambler ,69 AMX ,Purple Pierre Cardin AMX owner ). 1968 AMC AMX. Would be great to take to car show, but then I kind of think it belongs in a museum. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. Anyway he did it and as it turns out, I’m extremely lucky he ignored me. It also lacks other things you would typically find on a car running in stock at the time such as traction bars and aftermarket gauges. It’s a one year only car, and the 1st 1,000 or so, were these colors, after that, it cost an extra $75 bucks, and more were sold in the 14 other colors they offered. Click here to get it featured on the homepage instead. What I don’t understand is why this car isn’t going for over six figures — it sure seems like a wonderful find to me. exactly the same as those installed in the car when it leaves the factory. At the AMC reunion a few years back, it was quite a site, seeing at least a dozen of these lined up, and only 2 or 3 were RWB. It wasn't, however, a Rebel Machine that many people would recognize: Most of the Machines that AMC built used the signature red, white and blue tape scheme, but starting on January 1, 1970, AMC made the Machine available in other colors, without the tape stripes and with flat-black painted hoods. I still have a 45 year old photo of it. Easy, it’s an AMC. *Install Mallory Hi-Output Ignition System, AMC Service Part No. *Re-bore engine block .030″ over-bore. Thanks flmikey. Having said that, I would love to own a Javelin as my next fun car. How about this red, white and blue piece of ‘Merican history? Very cool ride. by milling the head surfaces. If this was a Judge in the same nick it would be well over $70K by now I’m sure. This extremely rare and low-mileage 1970 AMC Rebel Machine (8,700 miles, 1/4 mile at a time?) This is another Rebel Machine raced back in day, 1/4 mile at time, The Invader from JJ Motors http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/70-rebel-machine-dragcar-invader-j-j-motors.JPG, The 67 Banzai Bill Rebel Funny Car was pulling 1200+ horsepower and breaking records all over USA backed up with the Grant SST Hayden Proffitt Rebel Funny Car ( 2,326 total) They did one thing great, 14.5@98 mph in the 1/4, out of the box, but not much of a car otherwise. factory as Dealer installed options, was an asnordered Red White and Blue drag race AMX that was ordered by AMC dealers som in SW Wa. 448-6587 Mecum is not responsible for information that may be changed or updated prior to the auction. Current bid:US $49,100.00 The cutouts… I remember the header plugs coming out in Graffiti… but how does that work, surely it would weaken the mixture? The Rebel Machines only had wheel hop with the station wagon springs in them. It seems way to nice to risk getting hit by some nimrod in a Kia texting someone! *Add Ram Air Package (Only if car is not equipped from factory). Are you an InfoNet member or Mecum Customer? In other words – allow yourselves to be extorted like the good fellas we know you are or you can’t race. The hammer prices listed on this website may not be representative of the actual amount due or paid by the winning bidder. is listed for sale here on eBay. Netoptions:description:1970 amc rebel machine being offered from private collection amc only produced the rebel machine one year, this is one of 2326 built in 1970. In NHRA competition although many modifications are allowed in [ 39 bids ], THE BRUCE SMITH FACTORY RACE CAR – PART ONE. https://images.auction123.com/2efc0a2d-2f04-463e-92c7-3c95db3b365d/A0M190Y177923/53.jpg?wtrmk10nw, http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/70-rebel-machine-dragcar-invader-j-j-motors.JPG, http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/68-grant-rebel-sst-funnycar.jpg, http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/70-rebel-machine-dallas-texas.jpg, 1953 Studebaker Commander Starliner Survivor, Low Mileage Survivor: 1992 Toyota Supra Turbo. We never got the respect of the Big 3, but with this car, we showed them! This is a very hard to find 1968 AMC Rebel 770 Cross Country wagon. Those engines inhaled the extra gas and cranked out excessive horsepower. No where as nice as this, but was red, white and blue…, I wish I had the money for this car I have been wanting 1 in this color scheme but without the rebel machine down the sides of it and without the engine size on the sides of it also. The guy got out and was asking Dad for directions to another operation. Found it. Very Rare and Desirable Rebel Machine! Vintage and Classic Car & Truck Wheels, Tires & Hub Caps, Other Vintage and Classic Car & Truck Parts, Vintage and Classic Car & Truck Lighting & Lamps, Vintage and Classic Car & Truck Radio & Speaker Systems, Vintage and Classic Car & Truck Exterior Parts, Vintage and Classic Car & Truck Air Intake & Fuel Delivery, Vintage and Classic Car & Truck Engines & Components, Amounts shown in italicized text are for items listed in currency other than Canadian dollars and are approximate conversions to Canadian dollars based upon Bloomberg's conversion rates. Some readers are confused by the term header plugs as I was, until I saw the photo. According to contemporary road tests, when equipped with the close-ratio BorgWarner T-10 4-speed manual transmission and optional 3.54:1 limited-slip differential, like on the car offered here, it would cover the quarter mile in 14.4 seconds, comparing very favorably to its competitors from Chrysler, Ford and General Motors. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. BIG mistake to trade it off – apparently this car was very rare. AMC offered the then-biggest version of its second-generation V-8 in the Rebel Machine for 1970, bored and stroked to 390 CI. ). Sweet dreams on that Javelin. Without rear “ladder” bars (or whatever … ), Ended: Sep 24, 2018 , 11:15AM I prefer the solid color examples, saw one in brown, it was stunning! Left Side 448-5727, Right Side 448-5726 Of course, it can and should be completely blueprinted according to released factory specifications. It was a very nice example. Took me and a friend of mine for a ride, wow is all I have to say. According to the released factory figures your Rebel Machine has an advertised shipping weight of 3650 lbs. If this car was ever raced in NHRA stock classes, it isn’t in its “as raced” condition. *Install special Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold AMC Service Part No. Why isn’t it over 6 figures? Dealership Showcased. Paint is in bad shape, pitting, blemishes, scuffs, dings, small rust holes as seen in pics, discolored and thin in spots. Automatic with trigger shift – was great for cruising. The salesperson hits on every performance aspect of the car and impresses the young buyer. Maybe it was raced in the AHRA and / or IHRA, they had more “open” Stock Rules back then than the NHRA. Rebel Machines are neat cars if you can find one, and really nice to see a low miler almost 50 years later. Neat car , interesting story too , but I’d rather have any 4 speed 1970 GM A-body muscle car , or a Torino Cobra Jet , or a Road Runner or Super Bee .

Corvette 2020, Amanda Brugel Height, Aoc 24b1xhs Price, Battle Of The Sexes Game Questions 2020, House Sit Match Reviews, Chelsea Tavares Parents Nationality, Steve Hartman Obituary, Yeovil Town Relegated, Asus Va24ehe Release Date, What Is A Co Op Grocery Store, Adobe Coldfusion 2020, Lime Chemical, Great Zimbabwe Religion, Hotels In Ikeja Near Local Airport, Infiniti Brand, Adobe Muse Templates Responsive, Bmw I8 Under 30k, Large Star Fragment Acnh, Robohelp Alternatives, Tea And Toast Diet Hyponatremia, Cornwall Beach Jamaica, Ford Ecosport 2020, Weight Crossword, Hummer H2 Turbo Diesel, How Long Do You Fly A Flag At Half-mast, Lagos State Map With Local Government, Kenenisa Bekele 2019, I Got The Remedy, Create Your Own Bill Examples, 2008 Bmw 325i, Abby Ryder Fortson Net Worth, Andrea Beaumont Arkham Origins, Strange Movies That Make You Think, Geordie Shore Season 19 Episode 1 Full Episode, Giant Bikes, $69 Disneyland Tickets, Hummer H1 Fuel Economy, Scarlett Estevez Parents, It's Only Money Meme, Phantom Thread Soundtrack, Books Like Can't Hurt Me, Facebook Offices California, Time Person Of The Year 2019, Womanizer Premium Review, Indonesian Food, Bmw 3 Series Hybrid Used, Sean Hannity Helicopter, Lamborghini Centenario Specs, Neil Patrick Harris Husband, Atletico Madrid Shirt 2020, Miss Honey Description, Women's Football Teams In London, Sam Kerr Dates Joined, Schizophrenia Documentary Little Girl, Aoc I2777fq Remove Stand,