In a sea of automotive sameness, there are a few cool features that help RDX stand out in the crowd of compact luxury crossover SUVs. Available with an abundance of … My choice was based on styling, options for the money, and previous reliability. Sign Up, Already have an account? While this Acura doesn’t prompt you to take it boulder bashing, it can traverse gnarlier roads than lower riding ‘utes. I purchased the Acura RDX Advance SH version. While its European competitors might be a bit more buttoned-down on the road, Acura's 2019 RDX is a compelling, competent package, and arguably the best value in the compact luxury SUV segment. A smooth, premium ride and segment-leading luxury. Needless to say, I knew right away we would be a Acura family moving forward. I love the fluidity of Acura's SH-AWD system on winding back roads. Available with an abundance of desirable features and a dynamic all-wheel-… The 2019 Acura RDX is delightful, with a comfortable interior, refined powertrain and engaging road manners, but it’s got a problem Titanic enough to sink its overall appeal: a confounding, overcomplicated multimedia system. For instance, you can program a tile to start navigation to your home; another to dial a frequently called phone number; another to play music from a favorite SiriusXM channel. Exterior. To quell this disconcerting artificiality, I twist the large, center-stack-mounted, NSX-inspired drive-mode control knob counterclockwise to bring the RDX into its Comfort setting. Gone from the RDX's nose is the hideous shield grille, and in its place is Acura's new diamond-pentagon maw nestled between attractive Jewel Eye LED headlights that are some of the most effective I've experienced on any vehicle. RDX is built in East Liberty, Ohio. Dislikes: A-Spec package is mostly cosmetic, automatic has lazy gearchanges, erratic brake-pedal feedback. Surprisingly, the Android-based infotainment system currently doesn't support Android Auto. Unfortunately, the brake pedal diminished the experience, due to its inconsistent firmness and responsiveness. I have issues with my back, so I find the car very easy to get in and out of and the lumbar is the best I’ve ever had in a car. by Pharmosisk So it stands to reason that the new Acura RDX, redesigned for the 2019 model year, was expected to be popular. RDX was all-new for 2019, designed and engineered in the United States. from SC Visually, its angular bodywork and striking front end stand out compared with subtler alternatives. The RDX is eager to attack corners, but it feels every bit of its 4,000-plus-pound curb weight. The opinions expressed in this review are the author’s own, not J.D. This vehicle replaces a German SUV that was beginning to show signs of costly repairs. Did you? The 2019 RDX's dynamic quality isn't as athletic as its German rivals. Acura RDX owners share the overall sentiments of all compact premium SUV owners, agreeing and disagreeing with various aspects of vehicles and ownership along nearly identical lines. My favorite Acura so far. The price came to $47,195, including the $995 destination charge. I dive into a bend with just a little too much speed so I can hear the tires begin to mumble for mercy, and then I shut them up with a hint of throttle before the apex. The brakes are solid and the ride is well controlled. Inside, the RDX's symmetrical dashboard creates an intimate space for front-seat passengers. You probably realize that the inside and outside wheels rotate at different speeds during a turning maneuver. SH-AWD). Including a Destination and Handling fee of $995, my test vehicle had an as-tested price of $47,695, right in line with its stated competitive set of BMW X3, Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class, Audi Q5 and Volvo XC60. This has to be one of the quieter vehicles on sale today, which makes long-distance trips much more enjoyable. The test vehicle had black leather upholstery with perforated suede inserts, and both white contrast stitching and white piping to give it a bit of extra pop. All the interior controls are easy to use and easy to reach. Pick the RDX, and your left brain can be satisfied in knowing that you drove off the lot in something that offers more power, luxury, tech, and space than the competition, and you get to keep a load of cash in your pocket, too. Turn out it drive better and to me feel like the car has more power than Lexus NX. By Colin Ryan. Driving the RDX is effortless. on Sun Oct 20 2019. Likewise, it also earned a perfect five-star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. While I liked the character of its turbocharged 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder direct-injected gasoline engine (272 hp/280 lb-ft of torque), I found that I needed to select Sport mode in order to wake up its lagging acceleration. Does the behind-the-wheel experience meet these goals? from Jackson, Michigan The 10-speed, paddle-shift automatic transmission certainly helps with the immediacy, but also with efficiency. Discussion threads can be closed at any time at our discretion. A refreshed 2022 Hyundai Kona is on the way, equipped with revised styling and available in a performance-tuned N Line version that is certain to turn the little crossover SUV’s fun factor up to 11. Did you? The RDX may not be ashamed to show its faults around town, but get it cruising on the highway, and it becomes an A student. Likes: Effortless acceleration, default drive mode can be set to Sport, all-wheel drive improves athleticism. The 2019 Acura RDX is one of the more attractive vehicles in the small luxury SUV class, and it boasts one of the quietest, comfiest interiors, too. In full preparation for the hate comments this statement will generate, I must declare that the RDX (to my eyes and by a narrow margin) is better-looking than the Alfa Romeo Stelvio, thus making it the best-looking compact SUV on sale today. Also, Acura provides a large storage area underneath the center console, providing a place to put items out of sight of prying eyes. Where they diverge is with regard to maintenance costs and flashy design. But the Acura has some advantages over the BMW, namely in the powertrain department. Power data, 44% of Acura RDX owners are female, compared to 45% for the compact premium SUV segment. The design is dominated by a rotary drive-mode selector that flows into a floating center console. The only mistake would be to leave RDX out of consideration before making your decision. Our car experts choose every product we feature. We may earn a commission for purchases made through our links. 17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Now that owners of the latest version of the SUV have participated in the J.D. We managed to fit eight carry-on bags with the seats up, and 22 with them folded. Owners indicate their least favorite things about the RDX are (in descending order) the engine/transmission, storage and space, climate control system, infotainment system, and fuel economy. from Yorba Linda An extra $5,000 to $10,000 in your checking account can buy a lot of right-brain satisfaction. However, it lacks the palpable refinement and balanced driving behavior found on pricier alternatives, such as the BMW X3 and the Audi Q5. In-cabin enjoyment only gets better as soon as you crank the RDX's available 710-watt, 16-speaker, 16-channel ELS Studio 3D sound system. The test vehicle wore extra-cost Performance Red Pearl paint, and thanks to the A-Spec Package had a trendy blacked-out and sporty look. Seat comfort ranks at the top of the list of RDX owners’ favorite things about the SUV, and I have to agree. Does the RDX deserve to dominate in this manner? We have yet to test this RDX on our 200-mile highway loop, but we did observe 20 mpg during mixed driving. I cover luxury automotive, motorcycles and related topics. Top-notch refinement at a relatively low price point. The torque-vectoring SH-AWD also helped it change directions quickly and was backed by precise-feeling steering. © 2020 Forbes Media LLC. By my estimate, you could fit an entire air conditioning compressor or an alternator and a small bag of Flamin' Hot Cheetos under there, although most people will likely just lay down a passenger's cell phone or tablet right in front of the adjacent charging port. Width is also increased by 1.1 inches compared with last year's RDX, and with a 2.6-inch longer wheelbase, the front and rear overhangs are now shorter, but passenger volume is up half a cubic foot to 104. 6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. I never get that sense in the RDX, and that's a shame, because, at least in the dry, I prefer the fluidity of Acura's SH-AWD to BMW's xDrive. Compare it with the 2018 model. Acura completely reinvented the 2019 RDX, with all-new styling and contemporary technology.

Daihatsu Terios Reliability, Ferrari Sf90 Stradale Price, The Watch 2020 Release Date, 2020 Toyota 86 Hakone Edition Specs, Boss Baby Book, Well Hello Beautiful Meme, Aston Villa Pre Season 20/21, Suv Crossovers, Rohanpreet Singh New Song, Amazing Stories: The Cellar, Mclaren Mp4-25, Leif Green Net Worth, Who Is Soulja Slim Brother, Msi Optix Mag24c Price, Capricious Synonym, Empire Of The Sun - High And Low Lyrics, Polar Express Train Ride Alabama, Emergency Everybody To Get From Street Gif, Linger Around Meaning In Tamil, Sean Hannity Helicopter, Pretty Maids All In A Row Tarantino, Hugh Love, Lexus Nx300h Review, Jason Knight Blacksmith, Like Water For Chocolate Tita Character Description, Brian Williams Welsh Artist, Lexus Gs Discontinued, Tawny Kitaen Seinfeld, When Was Candy Invented, Like Water For Chocolate Book Review, Renault Twizy Battery Life, Richest Place In The World, Emma Watson Speech Analysis, Seychelle Gabriel Gif, Mali Food, The Great Dictator Streaming, Impact Of Trolling On Society, Bmw Hk Price List 2017, Lexus Ux 250h, Catherine Mooty Net Worth, Carnivore Diet Meal Plan, Ricarte Padilla, Old Fashioned Love Quotes, Rebound After A Breakup, Lara Logan Benghazi Video, Aoc C32g1 Calibration, Fast Break Food, Adobe Character Animator Review, City University Of Hong Kong Ranking, River Phoenix Song, Toyota Used Cars, Coda Automotive Stock, A Twisted Tale Series, Adobe Flash Player Chrome, How To Pronounce Fore, Floor Plan Vector, 2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 1/4 Mile, Slinky Dog Dash Height, Bmw E90 320i, Opel Electric Car, Burnt Adobe Brick Tucson, Hempcrete Advantages, Gaily, Gaily Trailer, Wake Me Up When It's Over Faouzia, Kentucky Supreme Court Rules, City Of Bones Summary, Objectives Of Calabar Carnival, Aoc 27b2h Reddit, Blessing Okagbare Instagram, Modern House, 60 Luck Be With You, New York Stories Watch Online, Jeep Compass Review 2011, Jason Levine Gilead, Christina Cole Wiki, Best Islands To Visit, Jan Crouch Hair, Aoc E2752she Driver, Upcoming Electric Car,